Head of Talent RelationsContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 2049914
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As Head of Talent Relations, you will manage all aspects of the talent interaction and awards strategy at Audible. In this position, you will build a team responsible for creating strategic partnerships with influencers and high-level talent, as well as create a larger plan for prestigious awards for our Audible Originals. Your team will create new processes and procedures that allow us to scale. Your team will be accountable for driving results and ensuring delivery on broader Audible business objectives. Your role will have a 360 degree view of all requests across the company for talent and will guide and weigh in on where you think talent should be utilized to achieve maximize exposure for Audible. You will oversee a Manager/Director, Talent Relations and act as an advisor to the Head of Audible Studios, guiding on how best to support the company’s talent relations efforts. In addition, this role is responsible for shaping our awards strategy from the inception of the project, through release and beyond. This is a cross-functional role that works with every department and most closely with the Head of Casting and Talent and the Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing and Events teams on all awards and talent relations efforts.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Audible Studios, content is at our core and we feel privileged to work with electrifying established and emerging talent. Talent Relations is responsible for defining the talent experience at Audible, including building relationships with creators, actors, producers and all key talent involved in our Audible Original productions.
Reporting to the Head of Audible Studios, this role will go to the candidate who can best support the needs of Audible, our talented creators, producers and voice actors. The successful candidate has a strong network of existing entertainment industry relationships and professional acumen to work through the best and most challenging situations. You should also have a strong background working with talent and influencers, a fluent knowledge of the agency ecosystem, a positive outlook, exemplary organization and communication skills, an aim to solve problems and experience leading multiple projects in an organized and timely fashion.
As a Head of Talent Relations, you will...
- Develop a strategic plan for Audible to bring in, nurture and retain established and emerging talent.
- Lead and execute an awards strategy for Audible Originals, a timeline for implementation and budgetary needs.
- Build a team to support and implement the awards and talent relations strategic plan.
- Work closely with Head of Audible Studios and Head of Casting/Talent to manage high level talent so all feel a personalized experience at Audible.
- Ensure that communication with talent is consistent, appropriate and seamless.
- Problem-solve as needed to support Audible goals and ensure talent’s needs are met.
- Manage talent asks both nationally and globally and work cross-functionally to communicate the needs of talent to internal teams and vice versa.
- Advocate for a holistic approach, creating synergies and efficiencies with talent asks and establishing a close alignment with individuals across various teams.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with talent so Audible industry-wide is the trusted partner of choice.
- Interface with agents and managers and ensure that Audible is represented well across the industry.
- Work with Creative Owners to determine needs on a project by project basis, then hire and manage assets accumulation/delivery in development, production and post (including Unit Publicist, Unit Photography, Production Notes, Photo Captions, BTS & Special Content Production).
- Support PR team during Production by coordinating press opportunities, as needed.
- Create Talent and Creator database, as well as track ecosystem and calendar where Audible Content can be amplified.
- Manage Audible Studios team presence at Festivals, Markets and other external facing creator events.
- Partner with events team to create seamless activations of original content.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of Audible Studios VIP guest lists for events (and provide to other teams as needed).
- Act as a point person and strategic counsel to Head of Audible Studios and external producers in connection with talent relations and awards issue-oriented troubleshooting and resolution.
- Manage Awards submissions, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Hire awards consultants as needed.
- Oversee creation of Annual Awards Calendar and distribute across teams.
- Devise strategy for gifting, oversee budget, lists, and manage process to ensure it is handled flawlessly.
- Coordinate and distribute all talent gifting as it pertains to award nominations and wins.
- Bachelor degree.
- 10+ years of experience in media and/or entertainment with high level talent, creating strategic and effective awards campaigns.
- Creative and flexible manager with a keen understanding of motivating staff as well as internal and external talent.
- Organized and detail-orientated with strong project management skills.
- Experienced leader with excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written & verbal), and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of success in identifying, recruiting, and cultivating notable talent and influencers.
- Be impeccable in building trust with talent, including having the maturity and honesty to frame business realities and needs when needed.
- An established track record of outstanding judgment in fast-paced, high-profile environment, particularly in dealing with time-sensitive, confidential and/or controversial matters.
- Demonstrates good judgment and professional maturity when handling sensitive information and when representing the Audible brand.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively manage competing priorities and communicate desired outcome.
- Possess emotional intelligence and a polished presence.
- Strong people person with good listening skills.
- Highly collaborative with a proven ability to work well with others.
- Ability to understand and navigate complex issues.
- Ability to influence and drive purposeful change where needed.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Possess a clear understanding of the awards landscape and a proven history of being part of successful campaigns.
- Possess strong relationship and collaboration influence amongst the awards community.
- Effectively manages a variety of personality types and keep a cool head during times of stress.
- Well-known reputation within the entertainment industry with a wealth of key contacts.
- Comfort and ease working with various teams and around navigating overlapping responsibilities without conflict.
- Deep understanding of both audio, visual & pop culture, as well as execution of talent plans for dynamic content creation.
- Enthusiasm for new technology and fresh perspectives. Develop innovative campaigns and experiences that elevate the Audible brand amongst the award's community.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.