Head of Film & TVContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1723516
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a member of Audible’s content acquisition team, you will be reporting to the group VP and will be responsible for building a new department at Audible responsible for adapting successful audio projects to new formats, mainly film & TV. You will be responsible for developing our overall vision & strategy, and working cross-functionally to make it real. The right candidate is an entrepreneurial, self-motivated leader who shares our passion for storytelling and sees the immense possibilities to create “fandom universes” for creators and consumers alike.
You are a smart, hungry, and upbeat doer who has a bias for action and craves the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. If you are an experienced creative problem solver who is passionate about storytelling and film & TV, come join our team.
As a Head of Film & TV, you will…
· Partner with VP of Content Acquisition to turn our strategy into an operational plan to go from zero to 1.
· Partner with legal to develop our overall deal framework from initial acquisition to sale.
· Develop operational tools to manage pipeline, options agreements and other workflow processes needed to scale our dealmaking and overall impact.
· Collaborate with our Studios and data science teams to identify opportunities for adaptation and prepare marketing and promotional materials to bring projects to market.
· Develop strong working relationships with key creative and business intermediaries to get projects made
· Work with executive leadership to define operational KPIs, measure execution and impact, and suggest future improvements.
· Coordinate closely with other key stakeholders within Audible, such as marketing/PR, Audible Studios, and other departments as needed.
· Strong development background.
· Proven ability to identify writers, directors, and other creative talent needed to successfully adapt an audio project.
· Strong negotiation and relationship management skills.
· Solid understanding of intellectual property rights.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and strong bias for action.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.