Head of Content MarketingBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1520737
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of Content Marketing is a Senior Leadership role that will oversee the Marketing of all Audible Original and Marquis Content. You will be on the pulse of the cultural zeitgeist and bring strong instincts to the marketing of content that will resonate with today’s consumers. Furthermore, the Head of Content Marketing will understand how content marketing draws in and engages an audience and drives revenue.
The Head of Content Marketing will report into the EVP Head of US Content and lead a team of 10-20. The role will be based at Audible headquarters in Newark, NJ or Culver City, CA.
The Head of Content Marketing will have a balanced blend of “left-brain” business acumen and “right-brain” creative thinking. You are equally comfortable “thinking big” and prioritizing strategic initiatives as they are focusing on the day-to-day operational details. You will bring deep knowledge of content marketing with a track record of success marketing “hits.” You will have a demonstrated track record of leading at scale, managing a staff, and overseeing a budget. You have effectively navigated and managed multiple stakeholders, ideally within a complex, global media organization.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
Vision & Strategy Acumen
· Establishes clear strategy and can translate into pragmatic, and differentiated plans.
· Develops plans that leverages data & insights to support decisions and align with others.
· Able to identify, leverage and shape plans based on emerging and future consumer trends.
· Creates an environment of constant improvement that encourages risk and new ideas.
Creative & Entrepreneurial Thinker
· Brings creative approach to developing content and bringing to life new ideas that push boundaries.
· Challenges the status quo, but is also able to learn from the past.
· Has strong intuition, ability to “connect the dots” and comfort with ambiguity, but uses fact-based arguments to support ideas.
· Able to link all points of the Audible audience journey commercially; understands the intersection and interdependencies of content, product and revenue.
· Able to prioritize & allocate resources.
Leadership & Influence
· Builds, develops and manages high-performing teams and cultures to achieve breakthrough results; exceptionally high standards and holds self and others accountable.
· Attracts, develops and retains high potential talent
· Has executive maturity and good judgment; is confident, self-aware and low ego.
· Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
· An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in their beliefs, and active drive.
As the Head of Content Marketing, you will...
· Develop, implement and evolve a cutting-edge content marketing strategy. Create innovative, high-quality marketing campaigns to reach new audiences. Continually synthesize data and evaluate strategy to align with consumers. Identify where Audible should go next.
· Design, build and inspire a world-class Content Marketing Organization. Lead and inspire a team of creative marketers. Reimagine and optimize the organization to support current and future business needs. Identify and attract top talent to support the Audible content marketing strategy and content marketing teams.
· Lead great campaigns. As Head of Content Marketing you will help build Audible’s market reputation as the home for dynamic and disruptive original content.
· Establish best-in-class operations and infrastructure. Develop standards and processes for all aspects of content marketing.
· Drive change, growth and audience through content marketing. Respond to new opportunities with speed, sophistication and optimal coordination. Know where to place bets; continually identify and evaluate new original content.
· Bachelors Degree.
· Exercise sound judgment to make consistently good decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business
· Comfortable using complex data analytics to drive business strategy.
· Ability to leverage and analyze customer data to drive and inform merchandising decisions.
· Excellent personal leadership, change management and ability to influence cross-functionally—can conduct a dialogue that is intellectually honest, brings out diversity of ideas and creates the appropriate team connectivity.
· Strong communicator of the company’s strategic initiatives, purpose, vision, culture and plan.
· Proven track record of developing and executing innovative marketing approaches to problem-solving and partnering with.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.