Sr. Manager, Publishing - Audible OriginalsContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1123170
Audible, an Amazon company, is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. For years, Audible has been best known for delivering our customers the world’s best selection of beautifully narrated audiobooks. We are now taking that same passion and energy to deliver an unmatched spoken word content offering including original drama, comedy, storytelling, periodicals, plays, lectures and more.
As Sr. Manager, Publishing, you will help Audible to develop an acquisition plan for spoken-word content and audio rights with content creators, book agents, and publishers, to bolster the content offering that Audible provides its customers. You will specialize in deal making, UK publishing partnerships, agent relationships, and editorial guidance for our original audiobook content. This role will be an integral part of our books team, leading a team to acquire, champion, and publish book content that our customers will love.
· Provide editorial direction on a slate of Audible Originals from the UK publishing space, with a strong emphasis on fiction, implementing and communicating with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
· Commission original author content in the fiction space, across full length audiobooks and short stories. Balance list between revenue generation, commercial appeal, top talent, transformational audio and original IP
· Deal negotiation and contract drafting for projects managed. Boilerplate negotiation across select agencies, and overall negotiation on key backlist renewals
· Management of relationships with top literary agents and publishers, advocating for Audible and developing the strategic aims of Audible Studios to the publishing community
· Structure, initiate and complete negotiations with content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, publishers and business development partners
· Liaise effectively with production, metadata, legal, finance, etc. to push content through to launch
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience in negotiating complex agreements – with an understanding of legal terminology and reasoning
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Program Manager (6-month FTC) London, United Kingdom Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.