Senior Director, Global Product PlanningTechnology | Job ID 1439552
Audible Global Product Planning is a newly created function to ensure timely regional integration into the wider global process. This leader will provide full product information access, context of discussions, status and decisions to regional stakeholders, enabling greater information flow and product insight and advice into regional workflow.
The Senior Director will provide regional business context and understanding into global product discussions – providing a two way exchange of content and information to better enable regional inclusion and information in the global product process and better product awareness in the regional business and GTM processes.
We seek a globally experienced consumer product development evangelist/ leader with an insatiable drive towards quality, clarity, delivery and relationships across a complex web of multi skilled stakeholders. This skilled communicator will translate business needs to product people and product needs to business people, while managing their own product development projects.
The Senior Director will be a stalwart advocate for Audible.com and collaborate with a talented group of business and content stakeholders to design a truly compelling roadmap of optimization and improvements to delight our customers. Set clear expectations around scope, delivery, risk and KPIs for enterprise level work with senior leaders including executive management. Clearly and simply articulates complex problems. Shows excellent judgment and navigates ambiguity to lead team toward successful outcomes. Will be an effective and reliable presenter for groups and senior leaders. Will be a respected leader inside and outside the organization and able to influence executives.
· Develop top performance-centric talent who are creative, collaborative, results-oriented and culturally aligned with Audible’s entrepreneurial DNA and mission.
· Drive new processes to measure/benchmark value capture in our systems and create optimization processes across our highest value flows.
· Measure, manage and evolve the process for appropriate regional inclusion into the global product process.
· Create information flows and relationships for product information and briefings to empower regional business and GTM activity.
· Support regional business needs for product context or information and agree consistent ways of working across regional heads.
· Design measurable tactical and strategic indicators of success that include data-driven inputs and outputs that will help serve the millions of new and legacy customers.
· Personally take charge of function , team, process and role definition and be a role model and thought leader for continuous product performance within audible globally.
· Lead special projects and contribute thought leadership to the overall team.
· Help SVP Product management define internal team performance metrics and approaches to drive internal improvement
· You’re an entrepreneur. You see ambiguity as opportunity and obstacles as the chance to build.
· You relish the opportunity to be part of a leadership team that thrives on collegial debate driven by intellectual discourse and data-driven pursuit of the best of all routes forward.
· You’ve developed and led high performance, customer obsessed consumer product teams.
· You’re inventive, and your vision far transcends what is visible today. You have a track record of building and launching massively successful products that customers love.
· You can think in business terms and translate business models and objectives into thoughtful product plans.
· You’re ready to be a missionary for spoken-word storytelling and listening around the world.
· You place continuous improvement at the very heart of our core consumer offering.
· Capable of creating and leading mutli-disciplined teams
· A structural leader, thinker, and educator capable of driving new cross discipline groups through new behavior
· 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology.
· 6+ years of experience managing teams.
· Bachelor's Degree, Experience directly managing teams of 6 or more.
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product.
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition.
· Experience with product cycles of 6+ months.
· A track record of gaining the trust and respect of others so as to build and lead world-class teams in transformational and high-growth environments.
· The ability to draw out the best from a broad array of multi-faceted teams, and develop an atmosphere that unleashes creativity and meaningful work.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer