Senior Director, Content Acquisition and PartnershipsContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1500749
Audible's Content Team is responsible for the commissioning and delivery of world class audio entertainment. We are a highly creative team who use data and creative relationships to bring true meaning to 'premium content'. The team is the driving force behind Audible's 'Originals' strategy that focuses on podcasts, scripted drama, theatre and original books.
Audible is seeking a Senior Director, Content Acquisition and Partnerships to grow and evolve our existing business and develop new business opportunities. This high-impact role requires an experienced dealmaker to acquire, lead, develop and broaden Audible’s strategic partnerships for International English.
As a Senior Director, Content Acquisitions and Partnerships, you will:
· Lead the acquisition and partnership team, manages all UK deals and Partnerships, book and non-book
· Drive commercial and partnership excellence within the organization (including original and 3rd party publisher strategy), in collaboration with management and the US
· Represent the International English Team in key relevant global forums
· Thought leader: Amplify Audible’s industry presence, elevate Audible’s partnership strategy by building a world-class partner pipeline, future-proof all deals, drives new commercial and distribution models
· Work closely with the Originals Senior Director to streamline workflow and build a seamless process between deal and editorial team
· Strong team leadership experience with success building teams with diverse perspectives and creating highly inclusive team environments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner across different levels of an organization
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
· Proven success in a content acquisition or business development department of a media company
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email UKRecruitment@audible.co.uk
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Content Merchandising Specialist London, United Kingdom Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.