Senior Corporate CounselPeople & Operations | Job ID 1121453
Audible is looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel, a leadership role reporting to the Head of Legal. In this position you will lead Audible’s European legal team with attorneys and legal professionals based in London and Berlin. You will be a key member of Audible’s global legal team and a key stakeholder for Audible’s European leadership team. The successful candidate must be creative, inquisitive, enthusiastic about the intersection of media and technology, and enjoy working hard and being challenged. A good sense of humour, superb people and project management insight, and ability to navigate amongst conflicting priorities are essential. You will be a true generalist, being comfortable working across all legal areas including media, copyright, technology, commercial, privacy, antitrust, consumer and contracts law. The position can be based either in London, UK or in Berlin, DE.
Your responsibilities will include directly contributing to and managing the team in advising the business leadership, analyzing risk and complex legal issues, providing consistent sound judgment while balancing business imperatives with legal risk (especially in ambiguous situations), serving as a liaison to cross-functional groups across the company, including tax, public policy, finance and other Audible and Amazon departments, providing business-facing training, and developing processes and best practices. You will also be responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating licensing, distribution, technology and other commercial agreements.
· Experience as a lead lawyer in negotiations of non-standard strategic content deals.
· Experience managing and developing a high performing legal team.
· Legal qualification in UK if London Based or in Germany if Berlin based. Exceptional analytical and communication skills and being capable of providing sound, practical, and well-informed advice to senior business leaders in response to complex and rapidly changing conditions.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced international environment with savvy and demanding business partners.
· Enthusiastic, and enjoy being challenged.
· Fluency in English and, for Berlin based candidates, German.
· Fluency in French and/or Italian would be an advantage
· Mix of firm and multi-national media company experience
Sign up for Job Alerts
- HR Generalist London, United Kingdom People & Operations The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day functions within the Internationa
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.