Management Accountant - 12 month FTCFinance & Insight | Job ID 1015097
As a Management Accountant you will work closely with the rest of the finance team within this dynamic and growing online business, with exposure to all areas of the accounting and control function. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be involved in everything from day to day double entry on the general ledger and financial admin, to assisting external auditors, and working with the business teams on budget control and cost tracking.
We are ideally looking for an experienced accountant, who has worked in a fast-paced high growth e-commerce/retail sector. You will need to be proactive, flexible and able to adapt your approach to your work, and willing to take on project specific and ad hoc tasks as required. You will be a quick learner, and will assume responsibility for many day to day accounting and reporting matters.
Key deliverables include:
- month end close tasks such as preparing and posting cost accruals, preparing and posting amortization journals, reviewing journals prepared by junior team members, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and resolving reconciling differences
- assist Financial Controller with VAT/indirect tax reporting and payments
- assist team with regular reporting to the business as well as resolution of queries from our parent company
- assist team with monthly and quarterly royalty processing activities, including liaising with US royalties team to resolve queries on tax interviews
- ongoing and newly identified project work, including to streamline and automate processes
Our Finance team is a key partner to the wider business and part of the role of the Management Accountant is to ensure that these relationships are managed and maintained appropriately. With key colleagues in the US, Germany, and the UK, strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role.
This is a fixed term contract role, for a period of 12 months.
· Sound experience in Accounting and Controlling
· Strong balance sheet reconciliation skills
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Structured and systematic way of working, as well as excellent time management
· Natural relationship builder
· Commitment and drive to be solution focused; ability to get stuck in and complete whatever work is necessary
· Advanced excel skills
Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with Workday and/or Oracle general ledger a plus but not essential
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, UK & Canada London, United Kingdom Finance & Insight Want to be part of a revolution in digital entertainment? We’re Audible, an Amazon company, and we’re the leading digita
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.