Interim Finance Manager - 9 month FTC
Job ID: 841406
Since we first started in 1995, our mission has been to unleash the power of the spoken word, providing a breath-taking range of titles that includes best sellers, non-ﬁction and classics, for people who love to read and people who love to be read to.
As Interim Finance Manager for Audible Ltd you will work closely with the Senior Director, Finance and the Financial Controller within this dynamic and growing online business with exposure to all areas of the finance function. You will be involved in everything from day to day double entry on the general ledger and financial admin such as paying suppliers, right up to preparation of the monthly results submission and dealing with the auditors.
We are ideally looking for a qualified accountant with experience in a fast-paced e-commerce/retail sector. The ability to scale from low-level day-to-day book-keeping to high-level preparation of management reporting, whilst getting involved in regular ad hoc and project work, is essential. You will need to be proactive, flexible and able to adapt your approach to your work, and willing to take on project specific and ad-hoc tasks as required.
Key deliverables include:
- Substantial input to the month end close process, including submission of results and balance sheet reconciliations into the Amazon Oracle system
- Supervision of monthly balance sheet reconciliation process
- Responsibility for timely and accurate preparation, review and payment of quarterly and monthly royalty liabilities, with support from other team members
- Working closely with the marketing team to ensure accurate spend reporting and tracking against budget and forecast
- Working closely with the content teams (Business Affairs, Original Content, Audible Studios) and the US royalties team to ensure accurate accounting for royalties and content investment, including tracking and reporting against budgets, and budgeting and forecasting
We also expect this position to review current processes and suggest and implement improvements to increase efficiency or enhance the control environment.
Our Finance team is a key partner to the wider business and part of the role of Interim Finance Manager is to ensure that these relationships are managed and maintained appropriately. With key colleagues in the US, Germany, and the UK, strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role. You will have one direct report and be responsible for their ongoing training and development.
This is a fixed term contract role, covering maternity leave for a minimum period of 9 months.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.