Interim Finance Manager - 14 month FTCFinance & Insight | Job ID 1430365
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are ideally looking for a qualified accountant with experience in a fast-paced e-commerce/retail sector. The ability to scale from low-level day-to-day book-keeping to high-level preparation of management reporting, whilst getting involved in regular ad hoc and project work, is essential. You will need to be proactive, flexible and able to adapt your approach to your work, and willing to take on project specific and ad-hoc tasks as required.
As Interim Finance Manager for Audible Ltd you will report into the Financial Controller and work closely with the Senior Director, Finance within this dynamic and growing online business, with exposure to all areas of the finance function. You will be involved in everything from day to day double entry on the general ledger and financial admin such as paying suppliers, right up to preparation of the monthly results submission and dealing with the auditors.
As an Interim Finance Manager, you will
- Have substantial input into the month end close process, including royalty accruals, intercompany accounting and submissions of results into the Amazon Oracle system
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations and quarterly analytics commentary for global stakeholders
- Be responsible for timely and accurate preparation, review and payment of quarterly and monthly royalty liabilities, with support from other team members
- Oversee the Management Accountant’s responsibilities with the Marketing team to ensure accurate spend reporting and tracking against budget and forecast
- Work closely with the content teams (Business Affairs, Original Content, Audible Studios) and the US royalties team to ensure accurate accounting for royalties and content investment, including tracking and reporting against budgets, and budgeting and forecasting
- Be UK lead for global content initiatives to improve efficiencies and global alignment
We also expect this position to review current processes and suggest and implement improvements to increase efficiency or enhance the control environment. Our Finance team is a key partner to the wider business and part of the role of Interim Finance Manager is to ensure that these relationships are managed and maintained appropriately. With key colleagues in the US, Germany, and the UK, strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role. You will have one direct report and be responsible for their ongoing training and development.
This is a fixed term contract role, covering maternity leave for a period of 14 months.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email UKRecruitment@audible.co.uk
- Experience in Accounting and Controlling
- Strong balance sheet reconciliation skills
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Focus on continuous improvement of process and self
- Structured and systematic way of working, as well as strong time management
- Commitment and drive to be solution focused
- Advanced excel skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience of a high volume, low value transactional business
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.