Job ID: 880420
Audible are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team, someone who is looking to develop a career as a professional accountant. In this role you will work closely with the Financial Controller and other finance team members in core financial and administrative areas. This is a full-time position within a dynamic small team environment. Study support towards professional qualifications is available.
The bulk of the work will focus on:
This role will be involved in a number of aspects in the accounts payable process, including processing invoices and obtaining electronic approvals, following up on purchase order issues, and responding to enquires for accounts payable.
Royalty statements for publishers
This role will be involved in sending monthly and quarterly royalty statements electronically, creating and sending payment breakdowns, and communicating with partners to resolve follow up queries.
VAT and other tax
This role will prepare the information required to file VAT and other indirect tax returns in UK, EU and other jurisdictions as required, ready for review and submission by the Financial Controller and/or Amazon Tax teams. This role will also be required to prepare the supporting information for the annual PSA return.
Month end and accounting tasks
This role will assist with month end reporting. This will involve a number of different task and will include the following:
· Prepare revenue journals, including reconciliation of credit card receipts from payment processors
· Preparation of bank reconciliations; posting of ad hoc transactions; posting of transactions relating to corporate credit card
· Petty cash accounting and reporting
· Posting release of prepayments
· Posting entries to fixed asset ledger
· Posting inter-company transactions and reconciling with other group companies
· Preparing and posting customer care accruals and reversals
· Reconcile foreign VAT accruals
· Prepare various balance sheet reconciliations for review by the Financial Controller
· Prepare monthly reconciliation between financial systems for review by the Financial Controller
· Other ad hoc month end activities as required
Ad Hoc Tasks and Projects
There are a number of ad hoc tasks that come up within the finance department and this role will be involved in helping on any projects that arise.
Basic Qualifications· Highly numerate
· A-level Maths or equivalent
· Able to manage competing priorities and to work to tight deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem solving ability
· Strong Excel skills
· Strong communication skills for handling external and internal partners
· Ownership of task
· Excellent team player
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Preferred Qualifications· University degree
· Some experience in finance would be beneficial
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.