Director, Content Development and AcquisitionContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 971425
As Director, Content Development and Acquisition, you will help Audible develop an acquisition plan for spoken-word content and audio rights with content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, publishers and other rights holders throughout the UK, to bolster the content offering that Audible provides its customers. You will lead a team that specializes in complex deal making with top IP, manages top providers, explores international audio opportunities for Audible globally, manages our flow of content from signature to on-site placement, and signs top content for the business.
· Research & identify potential content partners throughout the UK, leveraging past relationships and resources to push the boundaries of audio creation
· Structure, initiate and complete negotiations with content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, publishers and business development partners
· Manage a team to acquire multiple streams of content within the UK, as well as globally
· Negotiate high-value deals with existing providers in the UK, maintaining good working relationships
· Oversee and approve royalty statements for top providers
· Coordinate closely with members of the Content Development and Acquisition department, and other areas of Audible, to maintain consistency in licensor communications
· Liaise effectively with production, metadata, legal, finance, etc. to make sure the content is processing on schedule
· College Degree required or equivalent
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience in negotiating complex agreements – with a firm understanding of legal terminology and reasoning
· Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner across different levels of an organization
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
· Solid organizational and project management skills are also required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines
· Proven success in a content acquisition or business development department of a media company
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Program Manager (6-month FTC) London, United Kingdom Content & Audible Studios ABOUT THE ROLE As Program Manager, you will be working within Audible's UK team. Based in our London headquarters, you w
- Video Production Manager London, United Kingdom Content & Audible Studios In an effort to push the boundaries of spoken-word entertainment, Audible is developing, commissioning and producing a w
- Producer Original Content - Nordics London, United Kingdom Content & Audible Studios In an effort to push the boundaries of spoken-word entertainment, Audible is developing, commissioning and producing a w
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.