Content Acquisition SpecialistContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1625925
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Content Acquisition Specialist, you'll help Audible define and execute our acquisition strategy for spoken-word content and audio rights with publishers, content creators, agents, recognized IP and brands, to bolster the content offering that Audible provides its customers. You'll support a team that specializes in complex deal making with top IP, manages top providers, explores international audio opportunities for Audible globally, manages our flow of content from signature to on-site placement, and signs top content for the business.
As a Content Acquisition Specialist, you will...
· Support UK Content Acquisition team in structuring and negotiating a wide range of content deals with publishers, content creators, agents, performers, recognized IP and brands.
· In conjunction with Legal team support the papering and subsequent negotiating of contracts to completion.
· Coordinate closely with members of the Content Development and Acquisition department, and other areas of Audible, to maintain consistency in licensor communications.
· Liaise effectively with production, marketing, legal, finance, etc. during deal structuring/ negotiation phases to ensure agreed terms incorporate the various requirements of internal stakeholders.
· Disseminate key information from completed deals amongst internal stakeholders and ensure smooth processing of financial/ legal obligations, and internal rights management where applicable.
· Experience structuring and negotiating terms for commercial content content deals e.g. production commissions, existing content licences, talent, multi-title/output.
· Experience with complex commercial/legal concepts and drafting, ability to quickly read and interpret legal terminology and reasoning.
· Resourceful self-starter with an independent attitude and focus on excellence.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Solid organizational and project management skills are required along with the ability to work with cross functional teams under aggressive deadlines.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Audible. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.