Job ID: 799630
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world.
About the Role:
We are looking for a data-driven, detail-oriented Business Analyst. You will be responsible for supporting the growth plan and ongoing development of our marketplaces. The position requires an independent, analytical self-starter to take a leading role in supporting key decision-making by creating and communicating bespoke analyses which will inform how we shape and develop the customer experience, product, content offering, customer engagement and business results. Sharp problem solving skills, comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to analyze data and draw conclusions are the keys to success for this position.
· Conduct ad-hoc analysis through database querying, followed by insightful interpretation of results and the formulation and communication of recommendations that drive action.
· Own country specific analyses end-to-end: requirements collection, project planning, execution and follow up.
· Work as a business partner with marketing, finance and content teams in order to tackle business challenges, and track marketing and product performance with a data driven approach. Ability to scope a problem, formulate relevant questions, draw relevant data and provide insights from the data is critical for the role.
· Leverage SQL, MicroStrategy, excel and other reporting tools to create and maintain scheduled and Adhoc reports. Analyze data to identify business problems and lead deep dives to perform root cause analysis.
· Maintain a deep understanding of business drivers and an innate grasp of business metric definitions, and pro-actively interact with business leaders to give context and support them in interpreting reporting data.
· Partner with stakeholders to leverage data (internal data from Audible & Amazon, as well as external data from market research and marketing agencies) and address complex business challenges by delivering actionable insights.
· Conceptualize and run analysis that generate insights on customer behavior and customer needs to help further develop and improve our value proposition.
Basic Qualifications· Substantial, relevant experience in the areas of Business Intelligence, Analytics or Consulting in an e-commerce environment or related field.
· SQL skills that allow you to comfortably and independently extract data from our database.
· Expert in Excel with a proven track record.
· Your degree in data science, business, economics, information technology, statistics, mathematics or other related field, speak of a person comfortable in data-centric environments.
· You enjoy working in a team of highly engaged individuals.
· Passion for numbers, data and metrics, but also for delivering actionable analysis of highest quality.
· Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete tasks and projects with little guidance and tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business leadership and technical teams.
Preferred Qualifications· MBA
· Experience with membership or subscription based businesses
· Experience with and / or interest to learn more on cutting edge data science approaches.
· Programming languages: strong knowledge of Python. Knowledge of other programming languages, like Java or C#, or of statistical software's like R or SAS is a plus.
· Knowledge of Adobe Analytics a plus.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.