Director, Tech Program MgmtProduct & Technology | Job ID 1113606
The team we’re specifically hiring for focuses on tapping the unrealized opportunity landscape within Amazon, where the Audible listening experience still remains unknown to many of our potential customers. Amazon is a vast playground for Audible to experiment and improve upon disruptive customer experiences and add new levels of profitable growth. Increasing Audible awareness among Amazon customers, especially Prime subscribers is the key goal for the team. The team works closely with many other Amazon teams including Search, Personalization, Digital Payments, and Services to build Audible-specific acquisition, engagement, and retention flows.
We need your help to lead and manage projects and processes that will help bring more customers to Audible through our Amazon touch-points.
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
· Play a leading role in running the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to lead multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking opens in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· 4+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong experience in creating or redesigning, rolling out and executing organizational processes.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very rapidly changing environment.
· Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
· Prior experience in delivering service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Experience delivering mobile device software and/or retail web applications is highly preferred.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Quality Assurance Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The Audible Amazon QA team is responsible for testing the Audible experience on a variety of Amazon devices. Our goal is
- Manager, Software Development (Core iOS) Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core iOS team. The Audible iOS team’s vision is to
- Mobile Engineer - IOS Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage wi
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer