Sr. Manager, Software DevelopmentProduct & Technology | Job ID 1016430
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional projects spanning teams across Audible and Amazon.
· Drive development and operational excellence of our flagship solutions.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
· Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 3+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
· Track record of leading engineering culture change.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
· Proven success building and leading high-performance engineering teams.
· History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company.
· Ability to lead positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
· Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
· Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientatXtrion / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discove
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Whispersync for Voice allows customers to move seamlessly between Audible audiobooks and Kindle ebooks, so they can take
- Mobile Engineer - Android Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology KEY RESPONSIBILITIES If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer