Sr. Manager, Software Development - Audible on AlexaProduct & Technology | Job ID 1039199
You will tackle stimulating, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Alexa and Audible technologies, building and enhancing Alexa's capabilities as a knowledgeable, helpful, and trustworthy assistant. Along the way, you’ll learn a lot, have fun, and make a positive impact on millions of people.
As a Senior Software Development Manager you will oversee development efforts and architectural designs, guide project vision, be a product owner for development projects, and hire and develop engineering talent. In this role, you will manage a team to design, develop, test, and deploy massively scalable services. You will work closely with product managers, engineering leaders, and leadership across the company to develop a roadmap and feature set to deliver the best possible customer experience.
· Own the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within an Agile environment.
· Define, manage and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and ensure project plans and delivery commitments are met.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing architects and engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done, while enabling them to be future leaders who are focused on building a high growth and inclusive culture.
· Architect and develop the innovative technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind.
· Own team’s operational excellence, including creation of and monitoring of metrics and alarms in a continuous process improvement environment.
· Manage department resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing to maintain a best-in-class engineering team. Hold regular 1:1s with the team.
· Ability to affect positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information and negotiate tradeoffs with a variety of audiences.
· Experienced decision maker with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
· Demonstrated experience with design and architecture. Preferably large scale, consumer facing, enterprise level applications.
· 5+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design, coding and highly scalable, available and low latency web technologies.
· Experienced with building and architecting on AWS.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discove
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Whispersync for Voice allows customers to move seamlessly between Audible audiobooks and Kindle ebooks, so they can take
- Mobile Engineer - Android Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology KEY RESPONSIBILITIES If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer