Software Development EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1788975
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent solutions to problems of the future and you’ll be essential in this forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
If you’re a dedicated problem solver, this is the role for you. Identifying and overcoming challenges is at the heart of everything you do; whether it’s looking ahead to our listeners problems, or analyzing every inefficiency, you thrive when you strive for perfection. We look for people who take responsibility, who feel the pride in a job well done and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. With a knowledgeable team around you, and opportunities to challenge yourself, it’s a perfect environment to develop and apply your new skills.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will...
· Develop, and test software components and applications for one of the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the world.
· Identify and resolve software defects by reviewing code errors, log files, metrics, using debug functions, and other troubleshooting techniques.
· Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
· Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and analysis to solve problems of moderate scope.
· Continuously improve the testability, operational excellence (OE), and documentation of the software components owned by your team.
· Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with company policies.
· Participate in the interview process and mentor other engineers.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· Experience in Agile development.
· 4+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
· Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
· Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· Experience in Agile development.
· Experience building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers
· Knowledge of professional software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operations
· Problem solving skills and willingness to accept new challenges, take ownership and be adaptable.
· Basic understanding of security concepts.
· Capable of using technology to solve straightforward problems. Can take a defined design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer