Software Development EngineerProduct & Technology | Job ID 1039232
The Audible on Alexa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who passionately innovates on behalf of customers and demonstrates a high degree of product ownership.
On the Audible on Alexa Team, you will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience and work on cutting-edge products that will be used every day by people you know. You will have an opportunity to work with business partners, other talented software development engineers, QA engineers and UI/UX designers to design, implement, test and launch complex software applications, tools, and systems.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.Define and implement APIs, ensuring their performance and scalability for our millions of customers
· Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software
· Support our services and ensure continual up-time
· Participate in review of software components and systems
· Collaborate with your team to estimate the size, complexity, cost and risk of the features
· Maintain high quality throughout the development and deployment of our software
· Invest in technical growth of the team
· Build great working relationships proactively with other Audible and Amazon teams
· Problem solving skills
· OO development skills building applications and/or Services
· Understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Experience with unit testing, code reviews, test automation, and continuous integration
· Knowledge of distributed systems: concepts, implementation, performance, and maintenance
· Recent experience with API development, microservices, event-driven architecture, or Cloud Technologies (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
· Experience with java
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discove
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Whispersync for Voice allows customers to move seamlessly between Audible audiobooks and Kindle ebooks, so they can take
- Mobile Engineer - Android Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology KEY RESPONSIBILITIES If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer