Software Development Engineer IIProduct & Technology | Job ID 1057380
If so, we need customer-focused, innovative and driven software development engineers who enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment on highly visible products.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our development team responsible for Audible's experiences on Amazon web platforms. Our mission is to introduce Amazon and Kindle customers to the power of the spoken word. We are looking for someone who will join our diverse team of developers to build and launch new features and solve complex engineering problems which will have a direct customer impact via web and mobile applications. This is an opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of a software product and apply your ideas from inception to the launch.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Our team works directly with Amazon teams on Audible's experience on Amazon ecosystems. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume frameworks that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Developing solutions: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Great Java development skills building large scale web applications and APIs.
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing.
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it.
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Whispersync for Voice allows customers to move seamlessly between Audible audiobooks and Kindle ebooks, so they can take
- Mobile Engineer - Android Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology KEY RESPONSIBILITIES If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a
- Software Development Engineer Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Would you like to help transform the way people enjoy audiobooks? The Audible on Alexa team is continuously investigatin
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer