Senior Technical Program Manager
Job ID: 870779
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audible on Echo team owns the full experience of audiobooks on the very popular Alexa devices. Being able to control your experience using voice has been a total game-changer, for our customers and for our developers. Everything you've been doing for the past 10 years is now obsolete, we need to create an addictive and natural experience without a screen or a GUI to show the customer -- it needs to feel like you are talking to a friend, and asking them to read you a book. Many of our challenges haven't been solved, and some of them haven't even been uncovered yet. Come join a team of forward-thinking software professionals who are looking to bring this experience to our customers.
· Play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible as well as Amazon.
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
· Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Previous experience as a software engineer
· 8+ years experience within software development as a program manager or similar job function.
· Experience deploying distributed, multi-tier applications.
· 2+ years experience managing agile software projects.
· Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment in which change is the only constant.
· Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong written and verbal and communication skills.
· Be able to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
Preferred Qualifications· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.