Senior Software Development EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1788976
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Alexa Voice Experience team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to drive initiatives supporting customer engagement. You and your team will build new features and make improvements to our User Interface on Alexa. In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deploy massively scalable services, while at the same time redefining customer's expectations for listening and engaging with Audible on Alexa.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Alexa Voice Experience team is continuously investigating innovative ways to ensure the optimal experience for our customers to interact with Audible on their Alexa-enabled devices. This includes the Graphical and Voice User Interfaces, Audible specific Alexa Skills, the Alexa companion app, and the Alexa device out-of-box experience for Audible.
- A great communicator who can adapt their message to ensure understanding from multiple stakeholders.
- A detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
- Curious and unafraid to ask questions to gain deeper understanding.
- Adaptable team player who brings their best to every interaction and inspires the same in others.
- Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Contribute to the development of the technical direction and strategy within the team and help influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Assist in developing solutions, web solutions and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager components including data collection.
- Knowledge of Adobe products: Analytics, Target, Campaign, DTM, Data Workbench, as well as the wider Marketing Cloud.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and successfully resolve ambiguity.
- Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision.
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it.
- Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.).
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer