Senior Software Development EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1966303
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools, and systems that you need to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent solutions to problems of the future and you’ll be essential in this forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is Audible Visual Search. We enable customers to search and discover content seamlessly on multiple devices where audible is available. The Visual Search team is responsible for backend services that provide the core of the search functionality. You will work on back-end services using Java and AWS cloud technologies. Attention to metrics such as performance, throughput, and analytics data will be part of the fun! You will work with a team of skilled engineers to ensure it is scaled, performant, and operating with a high degree of quality.
- A great communicator who can adapt their message to ensure understanding from multiple stakeholders.
- A detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
- Curious and unafraid to ask questions to gain deeper understanding.
- Adaptable team player who brings their best to every interaction and inspires the same in others.
- Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Contribute to the development of the technical direction and strategy within the team and help influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Assist in developing solutions, web solutions and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
- Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to- stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager components including data collection.
- Experience with Adobe products: Analytics, Target, Campaign, DTM, Data Workbench, as well as the wider Marketing Cloud.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and successfully resolve ambiguity
- Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it
- Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
- Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
- Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer