Senior Software Development Engineer (Fully Remote Option)Technology | Job ID 1782105
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible’s Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
While this role is based in our Cambridge, MA hub, there may be the opportunity for this role to be fully remote. If you are interested in a fully remote opportunity, please let your recruiter know.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
· Be able to use technology to solve difficult problems. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them.
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, CX and maintainability of products/features.
· Develop automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code.
· Innovate and drive adoption of latest industry best practices.
· Programmatically test the product, Measure test coverage and Develop right metrics to showcase value add based on adoption of new best practices.
· Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements, assessing development estimates and applying a broad range of design approaches.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Experienced in White Box testing.
· Able to write and enforce logical and maintainable code.
· Demonstrable strength with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
· Strong understanding of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
· Experienced with Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior iOS Developer (Fully Remote Option) Newark, New Jersey, Remote Technology
- Senior Software Development Engineer (Fully Remote Option) Newark, New Jersey, Remote Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer