Senior Software Development Engineer – Data Science EngineeringTechnology | Job ID 2158258
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You’ll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Your team is Data Science Engineering. This team's mission is to enable Audible to unlock the power of Big Data and Data Science and to run advanced statistical analyses and models. Projects include testing, consuming and hosting machine learning models, data ingestion pipelines, building full stack solutions and partnering with teams across Audible for building ML based solutions.
You love solving problems, are willing to accept any challenge, are adaptable, always trying to make things better, and willing to take ownership over problems and opportunities alike. You are looking for a team that embraces unit testing, code reviews, CI and other effective Agile practices. You're a great communicator, either written or spoken, and preferably both. We're looking for people who can think big and help guide the organization make intelligent decisions based on data. If this is you, please apply!
As a Senior Software Developer Engineer, you will...
- Develop personalization strategies to optimize for KPIs and the customer lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain scalable distributed real-time systems using Java.
- Adapt machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to high volume low-latency production workloads.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Experience with React, HTTP/2, Serverless, Microservices, and cross-platform development.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux and know how to write optimized, low-latency code.
- Passion for data, coding, modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.