Quality Assurance Engineer IIProduct and Technology | Job ID 923788
You are an innovative Quality Assurance engineer looking to make a positive impact on customer experience. You are passionate about test planning, reporting, automation and solving interesting tech challenges, and still enjoy going deep and executing test cases. You are comfortable working across different platforms. You have experience mentoring younger engineers. You are curious to learn and stay up to date with tools technologies and best practices. You care about working in a company that is deeply committed to our customers and our community.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're are a strategic and growing part of Amazon, our parent company. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's and AWS technologies. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Write test plans and cases.
· Perform manual and automated test testing
· Work with the development team to ensure the highest quality releases
· Report test status to peers and other stakeholders in a clean and consistent way
· Help drive automation
· 4+ years of software QA experience preferably
· Passion for software testing, test planning, and process
· Excellent written and verbal communication sills
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Have experience owning QA for large scale systems, including test strategy, test plans, and test automation
· Experience in test automation maintenance, and selection of tools
· Experience developing automated test scripts
· Demonstrable proficiency in a scripting language
· Can use log files and other sources to deep dive on issues
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
· Experience testing Android devices
· Experience in a fast paced agile development environment focused on consumer product
· Results oriented with strong customer focus
· White box testing experience
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer I Cambridge, Massachusetts Product and Technology The Android Core group owns the core experience for Audible Android App. Audible customers spend most of their time with
- Software Development Engineer II - iOS Cambridge, Massachusetts Product and Technology The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage wi
- Software Development Engineer I Cambridge, Massachusetts Product and Technology We are a company that nurtures both its products and its people. We are the largest provider of audiobooks on the planet
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer