Senior Full Stack Engineer – Risk Management & Data Science EngineeringProduct & Technology | Job ID 1253624
· Testing, Consuming and Hosting Machine Learning models.
· Data Ingestion pipelines.
· Building Full stack solutions.
· Partnering with teams across Audible for building ML based solutions.
We're looking for people who can think big and help guide the organization make intelligent decisions based on data. If this is you, please apply!
· Develop personalization strategies to optimize for KPIs and the customer lifecycle.
· Develop and maintain scalable distributed real-time systems using Java.
· Adapt machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to high volume low-latency production workloads.
· Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
· Working knowledge of Machine Learning techniques a plus.
· Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· Familiar with Unix/Linux and know how to write optimized, low-latency code.
· Passion for data, coding, modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms.
· You love solving problems, are willing to accept any challenge, are adaptable, always trying to make things better, and willing to take ownership over problems and opportunities alike.
· You are looking for a team that embraces unit testing, code reviews, CI and other effective Agile practices.
· You are not afraid to make mistakes.
· You're a great communicator, either written or spoken, and preferably both.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Data Platform Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, International Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Digital Asset Management Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer