Senior Android EngineerProduct & Technology | Job ID 1061660
Shh! We can't tell you everything but we're a self-contained stealth startup incubated within Audible/Amazon, working on a brand-new product aimed at a the [REDACTED] space. We have backing and support from some high-profile personalities like [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. ( We'll reveal the REDACTED info after we get to know you, and you sign an NDA :) ). We're looking for talented engineers to come join our multi-disciplinary and growing tribe and build out our product from the ground up.
· A fully funded business and go-to-market plan featuring some of the biggest names in the industry.
· A multi-disciplinary and multi-talented team with a craving for new ideas and technologies.
· An open and transparent culture with an inclusive and supportive team.
You get excited by coding with autonomy, bringing your ideas to the table and seeing them realized. Your entrepreneurial instincts mean you're willing to jump in and figure out ambiguous problems in a space that we are literally defining from the ground up. You'll be expected to envision, design, code and deliver the Android application that serves as the core of our product experience. You'll be expected to implement android intents, views and services, craft layouts, define resources and all that goes with building a world class application capable of supporting millions of users.
· Experience delivering "editors pick" grade user experiences - our goal is to build a world class customer experience and that starts with a highly polished user interface.
· A desire and an ability to ship software...fast.
· Motivation to learn and consistently make our customer experience better.
· Experience working with a dedicated UX and Graphic Design team.
· Server-side experience with AWS and related services.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Software Development Manager Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Senior Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core iOS team. The Audible iOS team’s vision
- iOS Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage wi
- Sr. Manager, Software Development - Audible on Alexa Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The "Audible on Alexa" team owns the full experience of spoken word content on Amazon’s growing portfolio of Alexa power
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer