Quality Assurance Engineer IIProduct & Technology | Job ID 1118692
We are seeking passionate, self-driven Software quality assurance professionals interested in delivering innovative, customer-centric solutions to Audible customers within the Amazon ecosphere. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring successful launches of many product features. You will be working with software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and project managers to create, maintain, and execute test plans; build automated test infrastructures; establish processes to continue to invent & simplify test strategies.
· Drive the creation of global test plans and test cases.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to the Audible customers.
· 3+ years of experience in software quality and/or testing using automated tools and frameworks.
· Hands on experience with test automation using a programming language (Java or Python preferred).
· Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
· Verbal and communication skills – ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
· Team player with high energy.
· Analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
· Detailed oriented, comfortable working in a fast moving ambiguous environment.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
· Must be an effective multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple products and projects.
· Experience in testing and test automation for mobile applications and devices.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Director, Tech Program Mgmt Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within Audible’s Amazon Program. The Amazon Program is responsi
- Manager, Software Development (Core iOS) Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core iOS team. The Audible iOS team’s vision is to
- Mobile Engineer - IOS Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a friction-less experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage wi
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer