Mobile Software Development Manager, Android AppsTechnology | Job ID 2061019
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core Android team. The Audible Android team’s vision is to enable a frictionless experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire Android eco-system including smart phones, Android Auto, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals. Our team is working on building native Android products, without compromising compatibility with various Android devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates innovation and independent thought and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us.
As a Manager of Software Development you will...
- Play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
- Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
- Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
- Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for mobile devices.
- Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking open issues in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
- Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 9+ years of experience within software engineering and 2+ years of experience in Mobile Application Development environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing agile software projects as a manager of software development.
- Prior experience in building enterprise scale mobile applications.
- Prior experience shipping production Android applications.
- Prior experience in working with an Agile Tool enabled team (CI/CD/Automated Tests etc.).
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
- Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.