Mobile Engineer - AndroidProduct & Technology | Job ID 1042037
If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a daily bases, then the Core Android Apps team at Audible might be for you. This engineering team develops the customer experience for Audible’s Android App as well as Fire devices, and e-Readers. We strive to delight our customers with reliable, and innovative, ways to listen to books and original programming.
As a Software Development Engineer within the Audible Android group, you can help us innovate, develop, and deliver continued expansion of this much-loved product.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.Collaborate on software development, including concept, design and execution with a high standards of operational excellence.
· Partner with product management to implement, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
· Stay ahead of tools, trends, technologies and standard methodologies, both industry-wide and within Amazon, sharing your knowledge with the group.
· Work on diverse teams across multiple functions and geographic locations.
· Computer Science degree, related credits, or equivalent training.
· Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
· Experience designing for performance, scalability and availability.
· Enjoy solving complex engineering problems.
· Adaptable, enthusiastic and willing to take ownership.
· You have excellent communication skills.
· Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
· Experience programming in Java or Kotlin.
· Understanding of web services patterns such as REST and other client/server interaction models, and distributed systems.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with HLS and/or other streaming technologies.
· Experience with Scrum/Kanban/Agile development methodologies.
· Experience with modern distributed version control systems such as Git.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discove
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Whispersync for Voice allows customers to move seamlessly between Audible audiobooks and Kindle ebooks, so they can take
- Software Development Engineer Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology Would you like to help transform the way people enjoy audiobooks? The Audible on Alexa team is continuously investigatin
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer