Junior Android DeveloperTechnology | Job ID 2200899
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Junior Android Developer within the Audible Android group, you can help us innovate, develop, and deliver continued expansion of this much-loved product. If you have an interest in working on an application that reaches millions of loyal customers on a daily bases, then the Core Android Apps team at Audible might be for you.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This engineering team develops the customer experience for Audible’s Android App as well as Fire devices, and e-Readers. We strive to delight our customers with reliable, and innovative, ways to listen to books and original programming.
- You enjoy solving complex engineering problems.
- You're adaptable, enthusiastic and willing to take ownership.
- You think creatively and seek to adapt the message to the audience.
- Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting.
- Lead the way - "Lead" means staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon, and sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Professional experience with mobile development in Android.
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
- Experience in designing and developing Android Applications using Java, Android SDK, Studio, APIs, or Frameworks; and experience with object oriented development, multithreading, and data structures.
- Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Algorithms and database design.
- Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
- Working knowledge of modern best practices: dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- A preference for Agile development methodologies.
- Great communication skills—ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions.
- Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
- Experience in streaming technologies (HLS, DASH).
- Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
- Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.