iOS Engineer IIProduct & Technology | Job ID 1083354
You are talented, adaptable, and flexible. We’re looking for creative, open-minded iOS software development engineers to help build technologies that continuously improve the Audible listening experience. While focusing on iOS development, you’ll build and scale mobile software, and coordinate cross-functionally by integrating new features, maintaining high performance, and creating intuitive interfaces. Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iOS devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates “thinking big” and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us.
· Own and be responsible for key components within the team
· Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible
· Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users
· Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products
· Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons
· Staying up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community
· Committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers)
· Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design
· Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development
· Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations
· Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment
· Experience in Agile development
· Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations
· Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering
· Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
· Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Software Development Manager Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Senior Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core iOS team. The Audible iOS team’s vision
- Sr. Manager, Software Development - Audible on Alexa Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology The "Audible on Alexa" team owns the full experience of spoken word content on Amazon’s growing portfolio of Alexa power
- Software Development Engineer II - AMZ3928 Cambridge, Massachusetts Product & Technology MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE Entity: Audible, Inc Position: Software Development Engineer II Location: Cambridge, MA
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer