Human Resources Business Partner Sr. Manager
Job ID: 958706
Audible’s talented Engineering teams are led by business-savvy technologists who are eager to partner with strategic advisors who can help them grow and retain their incredibly valuable human capital. Tech leaders and teams need seasoned Business Partners who can help scale the effectiveness of their managers by driving HR best practices through the organization. If you have a full bag of HR ‘tricks’, enjoy the process of transformational change, and have a strong personal compass oriented towards what’s best for the people and organization you support…then this is the perfect job for you!
As the HR Business Partner Sr Manager for Cambridge, you will work with the Tech HR team – a cross-functional team of HR colleagues who are all dedicated to the Engineering team -- to define and implement a best-in-class talent management strategy while also delivering more comprehensive HR solutions through the scaled agile methodology used by our clients. As part of the Global HRBP & ER team within Audible HR, you will also play a critical Voice of the Customer (VoC) role and help shape the HR demand curve in partnership with the COE teams, as well as participate in cross-functional global implementations.
· Be a Thought Partner to HR leaders and help develop best practices in all people-related processes across the Tech team, while also assuming a leadership role in Tech Development & Engagement initiatives like the Tech Mentor Program, Career Growth Plans and linking Leveling Guides to the Tech career frameworks
· Coordinate across our Talent Acquisition, Learning and Compensation partner teams to plan and deliver holistic and fit-for-purpose HR solutions, using the scaled agile methodology and tooling that the Tech teams utilize to deliver digital solutions to Audible’s business teams
· HR Business Partner to the Cambridge Tech team where you will work directly with these senior leaders and their teams to translate their business objectives into specific People Plans that will help each of them tackle the complex HR challenges unique to the employees within their organizations. These Plans will entail key projects and initiatives around Organization Effectiveness, Talent Management, Coaching & Development and Culture & Engagement
· Organization Effectiveness – assess and align team structures and people processes to Business Goals/Strategy; rationalize headcount requests using external span of control benchmarks
· Talent Management – facilitate talent assessment process across the teams and help managers create specific action plans to develop and grow employees; oversee sensitive employee relations issues directly with ER and Legal to manage performance issues timely and thoughtfully
· Coaching & Development – work with senior leaders and managers across the teams to improve/enhance their leadership effectiveness with day to day advice and counsel and continuous feedback
· Culture & Engagement – play a key role in action planning around Voices Survey results; help drive communications/changes to create a culture of clear roles and responsibilities and transparency across the teams
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
· 5+ years of HR Business Partner experience supporting senior leaders, demonstrating the ability to solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue – no matter how complex – and design, then quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines
· Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and a complex set of stakeholders to drive organizational change
· Ability to analyze and interpret and tie back to business priorities, in order to identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help leaders make informed decisions to improve the health of their organizations
· Demonstrated results based upon application of best practices in: HR Analytics/People Data, Communications/Change Management, Employee Relations, Organizational Design, Talent Management, Coaching & Development, D&I (Spectrum and Belonging at Audible) and Employee Engagement
Preferred Qualifications· 2 years (2 full performance cycles) experience supporting Tech teams within a CIO organization of a 1,000+ Employee Company
· Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo
· Pre-HRBP experience within an HR Center of Excellence (COE) or HR Operations teams
· High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, allowing you to use formulas and macros to distill large data files into digestible metrics for consumption by our data-savvy Tech Leaders
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.