Front End Engineer I
Job ID: 974740
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Search, A9, Kindle, P13N, Alexa and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Developing solutions: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· Design and implement key initiatives and major features from the front end client down through the underlying services powering it. Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on front-end engineering excellence and working to ensure high performance of our sites and accessibility of our content.
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience in developing technical strategy, and architecting large front-end solutions.
· 0-4 years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications across web, mobile-web and apps.
Preferred Qualifications· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
· Expertise in web site performance and optimization from perspective of client.
· Proven success in mentoring tech leads and engineers.
· History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company.
· Prior success as a strategic influencer on the direction of product design and development.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.