Director - Data Science EngineeringProduct & Technology | Job ID 1262134
The position requires a seasoned Director with experience architecting, developing and supporting distributed & scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services with hands-on coding experience in modern object-oriented language. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Your team is Data Science Engineering. This team's mission is to enable Audible to unlock the power of Big Data and Data Science and to run advanced statistical analyses and models. Projects include:
· Testing, Consuming and Hosting Machine Learning models.
· Data Ingestion pipelines.
· Building Full stack solutions.
· Partnering with teams across Audible for building ML based solutions.
· Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional projects spanning teams across Audible.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
· Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 3+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
· Demonstrated experience implementing solutions leveraging AWS capabilities.
· Past experience leveraging machine learning models to deliver insights and enrich customer experiences is highly preferred.
· Action-oriented strategic thinker.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
· Track record of defining and delivering cross functional solutions that are innovative and extensible.
· Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer