Working Student - Data Science (m/f/x)Global Insights & Data Science | Job ID 2037925
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is looking for a part time working student in Global Insights and Data Science to support our business objectives. The role will be based in Berlin, Germany.
The Working Student will make the best of their skillset in business, marketing, finance, econometrics, statistics, simulation and business intelligence to describe, explain, quantify, predict, influence and prescribe. They will know how to translate business and financial goals into agile, insightful analytics. They will seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers, and will convey findings and recommendations in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
As a Working Student - Data Science, you will...
- Support our business objectives with strong hands-on contributions.
- Build analytical products end-to-end (data science models, simulations, analyses, dashboards, decks) at scale and at speed, from ideation and data extraction to implementing models in production, as well as helping to prepare presentation of results to stakeholders.
- Provide new and innovative solutions for complex problems, sometimes imagine and invent before stakeholders ask, sometimes using cutting-edge approaches.
- Be a part of the Audible Global Insight and Data Science team and contribute to the growth of the team, share her/his ideas, intellectual property, and learn from others.
- You are enrolled in either your first Bachelor or Master in Berlin/ Brandenburg and have at least 1 year of studies left.
- Fluency in SQL.
- Fluency in Python (preferred) and/or R.
- Fluency in English.
- Working experience, if possible in digital customer business, subscription business a plus.
- Exposure to AWS technologies a plus.
- Experience with Micro-strategy, Tableau or other reporting tools a plus.
- Exposure to Agile and process management a plus.
- Exposure to Spark a plus.
- Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami).
- Customer- and business obsession, with a bias for action and a drive to create measurable value.
- Communication skills must be as polished in person as they are over video- or audio- conferences.
- Strong at handling resource and urgency constrains and prioritizing deliveries.
- Support for ca. 20h per week, compensated with 14,-€ per hour.
- Contribution on the long-run (ideally 1 to 2 years) as a fully-fledged team member.
- Exciting insights into one of the leading companies in the sector of spoken word.
- International work environment in a beautiful Berlin Mitte location.
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter. Please use our application tool.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Analyst (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Global Insights & Data Science
- Working Student (Werkstudent) Business Analytics (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Global Insights & Data Science
- Applied Scientist (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Global Insights & Data Science
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science