Sr. Director, Finance EU (m/f/x)Finance & Insight | Job ID 1025758
Based in Berlin, audible is looking for a Senior Director Finance – EU (m/f/x) to lead our Finance team for our Continental European business.
You will report to the Vice President of International Finance within this dynamic and growing online media company, with exposure to all areas of the finance function. The role encompasses full responsibility for Financial Planning & Controlling and Financial Reporting for our Continental European businesses, currently three marketplaces serving three different territories. Key requirements include setting up, scaling and continuously developing a team (~12 team members; 3 direct reports), organizational structure, processes and systems to support the related tasks in a complex environment of rapid growth and change. Furthermore, the role involves extensive business partnering, using expert professional knowledge and acumen, and integrating critical information from diverse functions, to advise senior leadership on strategic decisions and strategy development.
Financial Planning and Analysis and Strategy
· Be a member of the EU Senior Leadership team. Act as sparring partner for business owners in evaluating new initiatives, improving business operations and developing a strategy
· Take an active role in identifying key business unit metrics and communicating them in an effective manner. Work closely with the Country Managers, the VP International Finance as well as with our BI/Data Science team to ensure KPIs are met
· Ensure that an appropriate financial framework is in place to guide the company’s financial decision making, among other things covering our significant investments into marketing and content productions
· Contribute to the preparation of and ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the company’s strategic and financial budget proposals. Collaborate closely with the US FP&A team in the preparation of annual budget and forecast
Reporting, Accounting, Audit and Compliance
· Ensure quality of financial reporting. Collaborate with International Finance teams in developing accounting policies, systems and processes involved
· Reporting and accounting according to US GAAP and German GAAP, including taxation (corporate, VAT, payroll), annual reports and accounts
· Monthly delivery and interpretation of management accounts
· Annual delivery of audited financial accounts
· Manage royalty costs and help develop strategies to improve margin. Monitor and process all publisher payments and ensure all external payment and reporting deadlines are met
With key colleagues in the UK, Japan, India and the US, strong English-language communication skills are critical to your success in this role.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr. Finance Manager, Royalties (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight Audible GmbH, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment o
- Finance Assistant (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for a motivated Finance Assistant (m/f/d). In this position, you’ll have a stro
- Finance Coordinator (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight Audible GmbH, an Amazon company, is the world’s largest producer and seller of audiobooks and other spoken-word entertai
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.