Senior Manager / Producer (m/f/x) - Audible Originals Drama Plays
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 935749
Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
Audible GmbH, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Based in Berlin, Audible.de is looking for a Senior Manager / Producer (m/f/x) - Audible Originals Drama Plays. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying new talent and developing content ideas for Audible’s drama play (multicast) program. You will work with established partners and identify new opportunities in related industries, including TV and film.
· Identify content ideas and lead projects for Audible’s adults’ drama play program (e.g., dramatized book adaptations, original audio series, etc.), based on market analysis and entertainment trends.
· Develop and execute a strategy to work with TV and film production companies, including broader collaboration frameworks and full-service content creation from generating ideas to story development and production.
· Work as editor on original programs (e.g. story development for audio, script revisions and approvals, inclusion of customer feedback on previous episodes, etc.)
· Work with our Business Affairs team to ensure licenses and contracts are in place with content creators (e.g. authors, agents, publishers, studios, music licensing, etc.)
· Maintain release plans in coordination with the wider Audible team (e.g. marketing, audio ingestion, merchandising, PR, etc.)
· Own and control the production budgets in accordance with Amazon’s guidelines (e.g. writing fees, production fees, music fees, etc.)
· Manage the coordination with the German audio production team (schedules, assets, casting, metadata etc.).
· Manage and oversee productions (schedules, assets, casting, metadata)
· Coordinate with Audible EU and global Original teams ensuring collaboration and best-practice exchange.
· You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in publishing, audio or movie/TV production.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills enable you to make excellent business decisions in a creative environment.
· You have strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages in parallel.
· You are an independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence, are highly organized, details matter to you, and you enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines.
· Your excellent verbal and written German and English communication skills are shaped by international experience and a broad interest of popular culture across all media types.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
Preferred QualificationsSounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.