Publishing Relationships Manager DE (m/f/d)Content & Audible Studios | Job ID 1861201
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
You, as the Publisher Relations Manager DE will build relationships, initiate and conduct negotiations for audiobook acquisitions from book and audiobook publishers, with a focus on German-language publishers and agents. You will be responsible for a wide variety of relationships, negotiations, partnership management, building an industry-relevant network, and catalogue performance of our European audiobook publishing vendors, to help deliver the leading spoken word catalogue for our German audiences. You will also have the opportunity to support and participate in driving partner relationship strategy at a local, European and international level.
The position is a maternity cover and open for 18 months.
As a Publishing Relationships Manager DE (m/f/d), you will...
· Manage partnerships with publishers, audio book provider and agents which are assigned to you and negotiate business and legal terms.
· Help to structure, initiate, and conduct negotiations for deals with as part of the day-to-day relations with your key publishing partners.
· Develop a partner level strategy to get the best performance from partner catalogues.
· Deliver and use sales reports, market stats and customer demand analysis as the basis for your title selection – and monitor such analytical insights to measure your success and permanently improve our program.
· Collaborate closely with the local European and global Audible teams to foster synergies and efficiencies across our Publisher Relations efforts to serve our European audiences and publishers.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in the fields of editorial program development and rights & licensing.
· Negotiation proficiency in German and English.
· Strong communication skillset with the ability to effectively communicate complex deal terms in a convincing and simple manner.
· Accurate and detail oriented as a complimentary skill to complement your know-how on negotiation and licensing.
· Some data analysis skills to drive business strategy in combination with a dedicated hands-on mentality and solution orientation.
· Reliability, proactive and clearly structured approach in your work.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Ability to communicate clearly, calm and business goal orientated, also in difficult negotiations and under narrow timelines.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.