Publisher Relations Manager IT/ES (m/f/d)Content & Audible Studios | Job ID 2116471
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, offering customers a rich destination for insight and inspiration to enhance their daily lives. We are a company whose entrepreneurial spirit has defined us since our founding in 1995. We are pioneers and inventors who are not afraid to disrupt the status quo, and we apply that innovative approach to everything we do— from revolutionizing an art form to enacting positive change in the cities and countries in which we operate. Led from Berlin, Audible’s EU business offers localized marketplace services for customers in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
The Publisher Relations Manager – IT/ES will build relationships, initiate and conduct negotiations for audiobook acquisitions from book and audiobook publishers, with a focus on Italian and Spanish language publishers and agents. You will be responsible for a wide variety of relationships, negotiations, catalogue performance of our European audiobook publishing vendors, to help delivering the leading spoken word catalogue for our Italian and Spanish audiences.
As a Publisher Relations Manager IT/ES, you will...
- Be responsible for the development of the quality and productivity of relationships with Publishing houses and key agents which are assigned to you.
- Help to structure, initiate, and conduct negotiations for deals with as part of the day-to-day relations with your key publishing vendors.
- Support the European content acquisition teams by negotiating deals with different European rightsholders, according to evolving business needs.
- Collaborate closely with the local European and global Audible teams to foster synergies and efficiencies across our Publisher Relations efforts to serve our European audiences and publishers.
- Be the first point of contact for all external requests and support the team with various administrative and project-related tasks as well as presentations – e.g. business reviews.
- Leverage analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators to improve the quality and quantity of the Italian and Spanish language catalogues and give support to the team in acquiring the best content.
- Professional Degree (JD, MBA, M.A., M.S., or other post-graduate degree) in relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in international intellectual property rights licensing businesses (preferable from the wider media, television, film or computer game industry).
- Negotiation experience in Italian, Spanish and English.
- Strong communication skillset (verbal and written English); with the ability to effectively communicate complex deal terms in a convincing and simple manner.
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, calm and business goal orientated, also in difficult negotiations and under narrow timelines.
- Willingness to travel internationally for business.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.