Production & Casting Manager (m/f/d) - Studio BerlinContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 2056229
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Production and Casting Manager – Studio Berlin is responsible for the coordination of our own spoken word productions, including audio books, multicast audio dramas, and podcasts. This role is a relevant contributor for the Audible Original audiobook production pipeline. This role reports into the Lead, Studio Berlin and Production EU, and works in close cooperation with Audible Studio leaders outside of Europe to elevate Audible’s global content creation.
As a Production and Casting Manager, you will...
- Oversee the audio productions for Germany by managing external and internal studio resources against productions budgets and timelines.
- Work closely with the EU lead to define production priorities, develop and implement production strategies across new formats.
- Act as main point for talent casting and talent care for all types of productions in German language.
- Work closely with internal producers and/or external vendors to define the right audio style (cast, tone of production, audio atmospheres, music, Foley, sound fx) for each production and to continuously elevate the listening experience and Audible’s sound & feel.
- Shape and coordinate work flow and overall communication with external vendors to supervise production, assure excellence of their performance and ensure deadlines are being kept.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Content, Legal and Finance) on creative and budget strategies.
- Robust experience (5+ years) in creating successful media productions in a complex environment (e.g. spoken word audio, dubbing, film, TV).
- Professional Degree (Bachelors’ degree, MBA, M.A., M.S., or another post-graduate degree).
- Business fluency in written and verbal English & German.
- Additional European languages ability.
- Strong interest in listening experiences and audio production.
- Highly organized, with a focus to details and an enjoyment of working in cross-functional & international teams with aggressive deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to make excellent business decisions.
- Substantial project management skills and the ability to optimize workflows.
- Independent, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence.
- Able to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Producer (m/f/d), Audible Originals - Italian Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Senior Producer (m/f/d), Audible Originals - German Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Publisher Relations Lead - ES (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.