People Operations Specialist (m/f/x)People & Operations | Job ID 1661829
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our Audible International HR Team is looking for an exceptional People Operations Specialist (m/f/x) to support our EU and UK teams. In this position you support our teams as a People Operations subject matter expert, covering payroll, HR administration & HR data systems queries (activities). You act as the frontline consultant to our HR teams and support engagement with employees to create a positive employee experience, based on the excellence of our operational activities. This role is initially open for a 13-month contract and is based in Berlin.
You must thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity, change and complexity, while supporting the impact to a global organization. This role requires excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and a move fast to make it real mindset.
As a People Operations Specialist, you will...
· Have full ownership of the creation of all employee documents from employment contract over amendments to exit confirmation and reference letter.
· Carry out audits on data changes, and work closely with the Amazon Payroll team to ensure an accurate and timely payment of all employees.
· Enter and maintain PeopleSoft & Workday data to support local payroll, benefit and other organizational timelines, running regular audits to ensure data integrity & consistency.
· Be a point of contact for our employees, whom you’ll support, reassure and offer help to, by resolving queries. Engagement of our employees is at the heart of everything we do.
· Work closely with Workday US Operations Teams.
· Manage HR reporting requirements for the EU and UK teams.
· Interact with Amazon HR team to ensure governance and compliance.
· Provide ad hoc support to the full employee lifecycle, including activities such as onboarding.
· Support HR projects for the International HRBP team.
· Additionally support as needed e.g. work closely with local and international HR colleagues to coordinate in-house training sessions.
· 3+ years experience in Payroll, HR Systems and/or HR administration in Germany preferably in a corporate environment with experience of other territories, ideally UK.
· University degree in Human Resources, business studies or any other related field.
· Profound knowledge of German employment law and regulations relevant to HR and Payroll administration, ideally some knowledge of UK employment law.
· Strong relationship building skills to interact with local and international HR teams, and employees as necessary.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Must possess meticulous attention to detail.
· Able to deliver high quality work, be detail oriented with advanced time management and organizational skills.
· Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines across global markets specifically UK and Germany.
· Business fluency in German and English, both written and spoken. Any additional European language.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.