Original Content Manager / Editor - DE Non-Fiction Program (m/f/x)Content & Audible Studios | Job ID 1398862
This role is open through a 12-months contract.
· Identify content ideas and lead projects for Audible’s Original Program, based on market analysis and entertainment trends and through building relationships with authors, agencies and production companies
· Coordinate and supervise the editorial work on your productions (e.g. story development for audio, script revisions and approvals, to some extent pilot testing etc.)
· Work with our Business Affairs team to ensure licenses and contracts are in place with content creators (e.g. authors, agents, publishers, studios, music licensing, etc.)
· Maintain release plans in coordination with different stakeholders in the wider Audible team (e.g. marketing)
· You are responsible to own and control financial aspects and reporting for your productions from project calculation over budgets monitoring to (e.g. all production related costs, royalties) to the financial success measurement
· Manage the coordination with the German audio production team (schedules, assets, casting, metadata etc.)
· Coordinate with Audible EU and global Original teams ensuring collaboration and best-practice exchange
· You have a minimum of 3 years of media production experience with a focus on non-fictional content (e.g. digital publishing, journalism, spoken word, tv, film or radio)
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills enable you to make excellent business decisions in a creative environment
· You have strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages in parallel
· You are an independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence, are highly organized, details matter to you, and you enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines
· Your affinity to digital products enables you to stay on top of the trends in digital entertainment and new ways of telling a story
· Your excellent verbal and written German and English communication skills are shaped by international experience and a broad interest of popular culture across all media types
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Content Operations Administrator FR/ES (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Working Student (Werkstudent) - Content Italy (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Working Student (Werkstudent) – Content Operations Italian (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.