Lead, Metadata OperationsContent & Audible Studios | Job ID 1497097
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for an enthusiastic Sr Supervisor, Catalog/Metadata (m/f/x) to join our Content Operations team for the EU region. In this position, you will work as part of a team that receives, ingests, edits and maintains product information elements (metadata) and digital assets (audio, images) for titles to be released as part of Audible’s global catalog, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timely release of all products.
In your role, you will supervise a small sub-team focused on content coordination and metadata processing, help articulate and oversee operational standards and best practices, align work and requirements with stakeholders and international partners, as well as drive, contribute to, execute and be “hands-on” with projects in the metadata area.
This role is initially open through a 2-year contract.
As a Metadata Operations Lead, you will:
· Lead, manage and develop a small team of content coordinators and metadata operators by embodying Audible’s People Principles
· Supervise and coordinate ingestion work for Audible’s Berlin-managed European audiobook and podcast catalogs to ensure on-time publishing of all content to all required surfaces and best possible localized customer experience
· Become and act as a subject matter expert on operational workflows and technical processes within the system, acting as primary information source for the team in order to maintain compliance and consistency, and take corrective action where needed
· Interact with internal customers and stakeholders to deliver on their requirements
· Drive, manage and work on (cross-)functional projects in metadata area
· Plan, coordinate, execute and verify catalog updates
· Identify areas of potential improvement to catalogue management workflows and systems and work closely with global team and Product Management on improvements and new features
· Minimum one year professional experience in position of responsibility in editorial/publishing, preferably web-based publishing environment, ideally with proven experience in CMS databases and metadata manipulation
· Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects or tasks at different stages in parallel and deal with ambiguous situations
· Strong demonstrated skills utilizing data analysis tools and interpreting data to monitor performance and determine possible improvements or innovations
· A sharp focus on efficient and timely communication and superior attention to detail
· Very good command of English language for internal/external business communication
· Technical fluency in Windows operating system, Office Suite (Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint) and knowledge of advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables and VLOOKUP
· Previous experience with Audible or Amazon
· Bilingual fluency in both spoken/written communication in French or Italian or Spanish language
· Additional language skills in German or other European languages are a plus
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.