Head of / (Sr.) Director, Acquisition Marketing
Berlin, Land Berlin
Job ID: 984448
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for an exceptional Head of / (Sr.) Director, Acquisition Marketing, responsible for the definition and execution of our Customer Acquisition Marketing strategy. Reporting directly into the Country Manager of the DACH region, you will lead and inspire our Acquisition Marketing team, driving short- and long-term profitable growth through a multichannel acquisition marketing platform in the German-speaking countries. Supported by your team you will plan, define, execute, monitor and optimize the performance of all acquisition channels, including external digital and mobile channels, business development partnerships, and Amazon.
As part of the German Senior Management Team, this role offers the opportunity to drive our near-term business performance as well as strategic initiatives that will define our future. An open mind, intellectual curiosity, and an analytical mindset are crucial.
· Own, develop and review channel and media strategy for all products, incl. budget allocation and control.
· Drive innovation, systematic testing and optimization in channel execution, incl. conversion.
· Planning, execution and controlling of external channels (demand & direct response), as well as Amazon channels and business development.
· Own member growth, SAC, and budget allocation within and across channels on strategic and tactical levels.
· Ensure the development - and regular review - of strategies and tactical measures for all acquisition channels, while ensuring the availability and continuous improvement of appropriate tools and processes for performance monitoring, forecasting and controlling.
· Lead a team of highly committed acquisition channel owners, while devoting time to their (and their teams’) development (5 Direct Reports, total team size: 14).
· Continuously lead a mid- and long-term agenda to support the overall company and specifically acquisition marketing strategy.
· Responsible for managing media agency relationships.
· Closely collaborate and liaise with Brand & Communications, Customer Development and Product Marketing Leads, as well as with US and European counterparts.
· Drive best-practice exchange and support for new marketplaces.
Basic Qualifications· You are a proven leader who commands the respect of the whole team, with excellent communications skills and an ability to work as part of a cross-platform Performance Marketing team.
· 10+ years experience in senior leadership roles. You have a successful record of consistently growing performance-marketing KPIs inside a digital ecosystem.
· High levels of initiative and self-motivation with an absolute determination to work through problems to find a resolution. You are able to steer, coach, motivate, and develop the talents inside your unit, keeping yourself open and empathetic on the interpersonal level and able to build excellent working relationships.
· Highly numerate and strong business and data analysis skills for budgetary and performance monitoring.
· Outstanding negotiation and relationship building skills with internal and external partners.
· Relentless growth-focus, ensuring clear strategic direction and excellence in operational execution.
· You are comfortable working with international teams located in different countries.
· In-depth understanding of German digital entertainment market.
· Business fluency in German and English, both written and spoken.
Preferred QualificationsSounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop!
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.