Head of Content Acquisition Europe (m/f/d)Content & Audible Studios | Job ID 1766154
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This position will be responsible for all of Audible GmbH’s deal terms and negotiations for our European agreements with publishers, agents, external producers, creatives, and other licensors. Acquisition and negotiation strategies will be informed by content preferences of our local audiences, marketing, and creative opportunities, and will be designed & executed in liaison with our Global, European & International content acquisition teams, to provide the leading spoken word catalogue for all our European audiences.
As a Head of Content Acquisition Europe, you will...
· Build and manage transformation from country-specific teams to create an EU-wide Content Acquisition function, implementing the new organizational structure, developing and implementing processes to support the regional set-up, and training and developing the team.
· Lead the identification, evaluation and deal implementation for all catalogue opportunities with European providers of spoken word content in order to continuously assure Audible’s leading catalogue position in German, French, Italian and Spanish spoken word content.
· Manage a team of deal makers to assure excellence in negotiation and deal terms from our largest European strategic partners in the publishing industry to individual creators, with significant bottom-line impact to our European PnL.
· Elevate our Content Acquisition efforts by liaising with our global and local customer research, business intelligence and Finance departments to improve our data insights on catalogue performance.
· Connect our European Content Acquisition efforts with our global teams and strategy, to serve European customers within Audible’s global eco system, applying continuous improvements to the scalability, flexibility and transparency of our teal terms.
· Represent European Content Acquisition stakeholders internally and in external negotiations with global partners.
· Lead the creation of C-suite presentations and updates that summarize analysis and highlight key deal-related structuring and economic considerations.
· 12+ years of relevant experience in international intellectual property rights licensing businesses (preferable from the book, television, film or computer game industry) to create cutting edge agreements where there is no precedent.
· A proven track record of broad legal copyright, economics and negotiation expertise.
· A proven record of leading larger teams, guided by customer preferences and commercial aspects of complex licensing arrangements.
· Business fluency in written and verbal English, additional European languages are a plus.
· A well-developed network into key partners in the European media landscape as well as a track record of gaining the trust and respect of others to lead teams in transformational, high-growth and customer-centric environments.
· Proven track record of conducting complex, high profile negotiations that rely on established high-level industry relationships to acquire content.
· An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through passion, charisma, bias for action and intuitive drive towards an inclusive and emotional intelligent working environment.
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Ability to communicate clearly, pragmatically and persuasively, also under aggressive timelines, complexity and ambiguity of a global rights landscape and fast-moving business environment.
· C-level communication skillset (verbal and written English); ability to effectively communicate visions, ideas, articulate the possible in a simple manner across different levels of an organization internally and externally.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Working Student (m/f/x) – Audio Production (France) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios, Brand & Marketing
- Working Student (m/f/x) - Content Operations Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Audio Operations Coordinator (m/f/d) - 20 hours per week Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios, Brand & Marketing
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.