Director, Accounting EU (m/f/x)Finance & Insight | Job ID 1261830
|| KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES ||
· You lead the Accounting department, supporting all EU marketplaces, as both a subject matter expert and an approachable people manager.
· You take responsibility for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of financial books according to German GAAP and US-GAAP for Audible GmbH.
· You supervise and continuously improve the preparation of the annual external audit.
· Together with your team, you strive for continuously improving the recurring accounting processes (monthly close, tax declaration, account payable/receivable, etc.).
· You partner with the global business for Audible Accounting within the Audible and Amazon group, liaising with central Accounting, Tax and Legal departments.
· You prepare tax declarations and other Accounting reporting.
· You conduct financial analysis and reconciliation of the monthly reporting.
· You hold a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting, or a related field; ideally with a CPA or similar professional exam.
· You bring 10+ years of expert accounting and/or auditing experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment or an Audit company.
· You take pride in being a people-focused leader that helps their team succeed and grow.
· To act as a subject matter expert on all things accounting, you have profound German GAAP and strong US-GAAP/IFRS knowledge.
· Our business is always evolving and changing. The ability to deal with change and a pro-active can-do attitude will help you to keep up.
· As a basis for your work, you are tech-savvy with strong expertise in utilizing MS Office.
· You will be leading accounting for the German entity of an international company, so fluency in both English and German is required.
· You have effective interpersonal skills including persuasive written and oral communication to help you get your points across and build strong relationships with stakeholders.
· You have solid organizational skills, an ability to assess and manage risk, and the willingness to get into the details whilst also seeing and understanding the big picture.
|| WORKING AT AUDIBLE ||
At Audible, you’re a valued team member with the exciting mission to bring audiobooks, podcasts and other audio to those who want to be more productive, well informed and thoughtfully entertained. You’ll be part of a diverse and welcoming mix of industry-leading experts that don’t just move along, but are innovative at the forefront of the digital entertainment revolution.
We’re part of Amazon and present on five different continents. The Berlin team has remained its familiarity, warm atmosphere and together we foster our People Principles. We let our customers inspire us and work tirelessly to exceed their expectations. To do that, we move fast to turn ideas into experiences and focus on what is possible. Regularly, we take a step back and celebrate our people and all we’ve achieved.
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop!
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Analyst (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.