Deal Operations Specialist (m/f/d)Brand & Marketing | Job ID 1858088
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Based in Berlin, Audible is looking for you, as a Deal Operations Specialist (m/f/d), who plays a key role in Audible’s contract execution, data management, deal implementation, partner onboarding processes. You manage changes over the contract lifecycle, foster good working relationships with internal and external partners, assist in data entry and maintenance of several key databases, provide reporting to support departmental operational activities, ensure the completeness and accuracy of Audible’s contract data, and oversee external operations for Audible’s sublicense agreements. You should have professional experience in a digital media or publishing related field and be an avid consumer of media with an interest in books & entertainment; a self-starter and creative problem solver with impeccable operational, organizational and analytical skills; a confident and upbeat written and verbal communicator; highly organized and detail oriented; and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment.
The position is open for 12 months.
As a Deal Operations Specialist (m/f/d), you will...
· Support the contract execution pipeline, digitally file fully executed contracts, and provide additional administrative support to the Legal and Content Acquisition teams as needed.
· Act as a gatekeeper to ensure data is accurate and actionable and work is done according to standard.
· Foster positive working relationships with internal and external business partners and drive to tight deadlines.
· Work closely with Audible’s Legal, Business Affairs, Finance, and Metadata Teams as well as external partners to on-board new partners, enter terms in Audible’s contract database, update internal trackers, request upfront payments, and kick off contractually required next steps downstream.
· Be a subject matter expert on deal implementation.
· Coordinate updates at the deal, payment, and title level across relevant systems and teams and perform monthly and quarterly reviews to ensure changes are implemented consistently and correctly.
· Create and review reporting to support business and content operations with a focus on rights management and key financial terms.
· Support the validation and upkeep of Audible’s contract data and support validation of deal terms and royalty data at period close.
· Provide general support for the Business Affairs & Content Operations Team, including data clean-up projects, ad hoc research, inquiry response, and trouble tickets.
· Experience in an entertainment, digital media or publishing field and/or experience with contracts/IP licensing.
· Business fluency in English, both written and spoken.
· Functional fluency in Outlook, Excel, MS Word and Power Point.
· Data entry experience, demonstrated high level of accuracy.
· Working knowledge of database concepts and best practices.
· Working knowledge of SQL.
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
· Intermediate SQL skills.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with a wide variety of people.
· Demonstrated focused attention to detail.
· Highly organized.
· An entrepreneurial mindset.
· A confident and upbeat successful communicator with established written and verbal business communication skills.
· A self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills and an eye for process improvements.
· An avid reader and consumer of online media, including books, websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
· Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced time sensitive environment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Working Student (Werkstudent) – Amazon Marketing, Pricing & Promotions (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Brand & Marketing
- Publisher Relations Lead FR (m/f/d) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
- Business Affairs Lead EU (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Content & Audible Studios
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.