Data Analyst (m/f/d)Finance & Insight | Job ID 1684862
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible GmbH is looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst (m/f/d) based in Berlin. You will be responsible for surfacing data-driven results and insights for the wider Analytics Team as well as the core marketing function. In this position you will provide operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame data driven decisions - and implement KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance to encourage a focus on results and execution. This position is initially open through a contract role lasting 24 months.
Working with various teams, you will be exposed to a wide range of functions - from engineering, data science and marketing – and develop the knowledge and skills to be a trusted analyst to the wider analytics team as well as, to our business stakeholders. You will be able to conduct multiple tasks simultaneously with support from leadership. Critical to the success of this role is your ability to develop insightful analysis, work effectively as part of a cross-functional team, and transform data to insight.
As a Data Analyst, you will...
- Build and maintain basic data artifacts (e.g., ETL, data models, queries) and reports that correctly answer business questions. Utilizes analytics and metrics visualization tools. Able to investigate data anomalies. Communicates effectively (e.g., proposals, findings, wikis).
- Provides solutions that inform team's business decisions.
- Identify trends in metrics. Able to segment metrics along suitable dimensions to reveal deeper dynamics.
- Dive deeply into technical and operational details of the business (e.g., key dependencies, business drivers/KPIs, develop actionable business insights, etc.) and contribute to constructive technical discussions.
- Improve dataset quality and automates manual processes.
- Be proficient in SQL. Know how to ingest process, persist, and analyze data. Basic understanding of distributed systems, data modelling, and scientific methods. Proficient in descriptive statistics and familiar with inferential statistics.
- Quantitative degree (Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Sciences, or similar).
- Proven experience (1+ years) in a data driven/analytical role.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Business fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Understand how to use one or more industry analytics and metrics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau/QuickSight/MicroStrategy/PowerBI).
- Knowledgeable in a variety of methods for querying, processing, persisting, analyzing and presenting data.
- Good understanding of data lineage: including sources of data; how metrics are aggregated; and how the resulting business intelligence is consumed, interpreted and acted upon by the business.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with database querying (SQL).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets, especially Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills.
- Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly.
- Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
- Background in content/media, marketing tech, and/or internet industries.
- Understanding of ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, membership/loyalty analytics and revenue management techniques.
- Practical experience with any of the following tools: Tableau, Relational databases, big data, Microstrategy, Salesforce, Adobe/Omniture, PowerBI, Python, R, jupyter, SAS, SPPS, Matlab, Programming (ETL frameworks) or any other analytics/data science tool.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual identity, or any other legally protected status. We therefore ask you to exclude unnecessary information, such as a photo, date or place of birth, gender identification, family and marital status, nationality, religion etc. from your CV or resume. Thank you for doing your part to create equal opportunities for everyone.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Accounting Specialist EU (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight
- Accounting Manager EU (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight
- Working Student (Werkstudent) Business Analytics (m/f/x) Berlin, Germany Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.